Cycling UK Oxfordshire organises its own rides and we also highlight some rides run by other local groups.
Even if you are not a Cycling UK member, you will be welcome on any ride that is within your capabilities and we will be happy to match you up with suitable rides. In general, you can ride for free on three rides before deciding whether to join Cycling UK.
- This event has passed.
Space for Cycling Campaign Event
Sat 22 April 2017
To promote Space for Cycling and the ‘Vote Bike‘ campaign, and to demonstrate local interest in cycling, a national series of campaign rides and events is planned for 22nd April. We will be joining this in Oxfordshire, with a gathering outside County Hall in Oxford at 2pm (NB not Town Hall in St Aldates).
There we will show our map of a proposed Strategic Cycling Network for Oxfordshire, and give candidates the opportunity to communicate their support for cycling to the assembled cyclists and media.
Please join us if you can at this event.
- Join one of the groups riding in from towns around the county.
- Or join at one of Oxford’s Park and Rides:
- Redbridge P&R via South Oxford cycle route (2 miles) Meet 1.15. Depart 1.30
- Seacourt (Botley) P&R (1.5 miles) Meet 1.15. Depart 1.30
- Water Eaton P&R (via North Oxford cycle route, 5 miles) Meet 1.00. Depart 1.15
- Pear Tree P&R (via Woodstock Road, 3.5 miles) Meet 1.00. Depart 1.15
- Thornhill P&R (via Headington and Broad Street, 4.5 miles) Meet 1.00. Depart 1.15
- Or just meet at outside County Hall at 2pm – you don’t even need to bring your bike.
If you can’t make it on the day, please email or ask your candidates whether they have signed up to support Space for Cycling. #space4cycling