Cycling UK Oxfordshire organises its own rides and we also highlight some rides run by other local groups.
Even if you are not a Cycling UK member, you will be welcome on any ride that is within your capabilities and we will be happy to match you up with suitable rides. In general, you can ride for free on three rides before deciding whether to join Cycling UK.
- This event has passed.
Off-road ride – Crowmarsh Gifford
Sat 12 July 2014 - 10:00am
Eight of us riding on the edge of the Chilterns, on a warm summer’s day.
We set off first along Grim’s Ditch – marvelling once more about the prescience of the Vikings in building a wonderful piece of singletrack. From there the ride was defined by the slope on the western edge of the Chilterns, with three big ups three big downs joined up by various bits linking them together:
* Up at Hailey
* Down to Well Place (Being surprised to find a stream had appeared in the track. And having a look at Rowan Atikinson’s new house now under construction)
* Up on the road from Well Place and over to Checkendon
* Down at Hammond’s Farm. Steep and rocky – fun or nerve-wracking!
* Up past Brazier’s Common, then left and north by road to…
* Down through Mongewell Woods
Then back along Grim’s Ditch, now knowing what to expect.
Excellent riding, excellent weather, excellent company.