6th September 2015
Hello CTC members in and near Oxfordshire,
I hope you have had a good summer of cycling. I have – covering a range from a gentle 30 mile per day holiday down the Danube to the somewhat more intense 88 mile length of the Ridgeway in a single day. And even as we move in to Autumn there's more to come!
We have also had five very successful rides from Bicester over the year, with a great group of people enjoying them. On Wednesday evening we are meeting in Bicester to plan the next season's rides and consider how we should organise the group. If you are interested in cycling around the Bicester area, please come and make your voice heard. The meeting is on 9th September at Bicester Green, Station Approach, Bicester, OX26 6BZ at 7pm.
Further ahead, we will be holding our AGM on 14th November at 11am in Hinton Waldrist. We will review the year and share tales across all the Oxfordshire groups, and elect the Committee for 2016. We are very keen to hear from you if you would consider helping out on the Committee (whether just at our occasional meetings or in other roles), or if you have a Motion that you would like to propose. (email me).
- Tomorrow: 6th Sept: Wallingford ride. 1:30pm at Wallingford Market Place, with the opportunity to visit the 'Bunkfest' festival before or afterwards. (See CTC Wallingford website for details)
- Tomorrow: 6th Sept: Isis Women's Group 50 mile challenge. 9:15 for 9:30am outside Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford. The Isis Group's annual long ride (see Isis website).
- 12th Sept: Saturday Off-road ride. 10am at 'Goblin's Glen' just east of Wallingford. (See the CTC Oxfordshire website).
- 20th Sept: Regular Wallingford ride. 1:30pm, Wallingford Market Place. (See CTC Wallingford website for details)
- 20th Sept: Regular Bicester Social ride. 10am, Bicester Leisure Centre (CTC Oxon).
- 27th Sept: Explorer ride from Witney. Starts from the Buttercross at 9:30am for a 30 mile gentle tour heading into the nearer Cotswolds (CTC Oxon).
- 10th Oct: Saturday Off-road ride. Heads south to Newbury for our final Saturday of the season. (See CTC Wantage).
New riders are welcome on our CTC Oxfordshire rides, whether CTC Members or not. We ride at a pace where the group can enjoy the conversation as well as the scenery, and we don't leave riders behind. But please make sure that you and your bike are prepared for the distance and bring a spare tube.
More details and exact starting points and time will appear on our website: cyclingukoxfordshire.org.
Feel free to contact the ride organiser with any questions.
Other local CTC Member Groups have many more rides, covering a wide range of locations, types and distances. Please see their own websites at the links below:
- Isis Cyclists CTC, womens' cycling group – riding from Oxford or other locations
- CTC Midweek – rides every Wednesday – join for the morning or for lunch too. Many also meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- CTC Oxford City – rides every Sunday
- CTC Wallingford – rides on the first and third Sunday afternoon, and some longer rides
- CTC Wantage – rides on Tuesday evenings and most weekends, spanning many levels of riding
- CTC Witney – rides on Sunday mornings
Enjoy the autumn and happy cycling,
Secretary, CTC Oxfordshire