Cycling UK Oxfordshire is the hub for cycling in the county. We organise leisure, touring and off-road rides, social activities and we campaign for cycling.
Drop us a line and we will help you to find an enjoyable ride. The 8 Cycling UK groups in the county provide a whole range of rides from short confidence builders to day-long tours to exhilarating mountain biking. Or join our campaign for better facilities and more cycling.
Cycling UK Oxfordshire is a Formal Member Group of Cycling UK. We can trace our origins back to 1924, and for many years we were the ‘Oxfordshire District Association’ or ‘DA’ of the Cyclists Touring Club. At the November 2016 AGM we voted to change our name to Cycling UK Oxfordshire, reflecting our broad range of cycling activities and interests.
- We organise our own rides and events in Oxfordshire, including an annual Century (100 mile) ride, a Triennial Veterans Century Ride (last in 2016, next in 2019), and social events such as Pot Luck Suppers or Picnics. (Click here for Rides guidelines)
- We are the responsible group for the Informal Member Groups in Bicester, Wallingford and Witney: Cycling UK Bicester, CTC Wallingford and CTC Witney.
- We support other Cycling UK member groups in the county: Oxford City, Isis Cyclists, Wantage and Oxfordshire Mid-week.
Cycling UK Oxfordshire Committee
Our Committee coordinates and publicises our rides, events and campaigning. We are all friendly and approachable, and experienced cyclists. Between us we can probably advise you on just about any cycling matter. Except racing that is – we are more in it for the joy of the ride!
It always helps to share the work, and we are very happy to here from people interested in helping to organise things or join the Committee. We meet five or six times a year, on weekday evenings, usually with (you guessed it) tea and cake.
Please contact the Secretary with any general questions.
- Secretary and Publicity Officer: Robin Tucker 07901 622622 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chairman: Steve Swanton 01235 764257 email@example.com
- Treasurer: Peter Hallowell 01235 525161 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Officer: Andy Ellis 07961 258050 email@example.com
- Campaigning: James Dawton 01865 327969 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bicester Coordinator: Jane Benham email@example.com
- Wallingford Coordinator: Peter Wood firstname.lastname@example.org
- Witney Coordinator: Kevin Arnold email@example.com
- Oxfordshire Midweek Contact: David Townsend firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: Neil Warner email@example.com
- Training: Ian Murray firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webmaster: Chris Thompson email@example.com
- Welfare Officer: Paul Thompson 07572 318716 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Welfare Officer is there to help members with issues such as complaints against individuals; the protection of vulnerable adults and children; and issues of discrimination. If you do have issues you wish to raise, you can be assured that Paul Thompson will help you with high standards of integrity and confidentiality. He is well qualified for the role, being a Senior Shop Steward for a major employer in the county.
To find the committee members and contacts for the CTC groups in Oxfordshire, please go to the website for that particular group. You can find links to their websites on our Cycling Groups page here.
Annual General Meetings (AGM)
Like other Cycling UK member groups, we hold a formal AGM in October or November each year. Cycling UK Members are welcome to submit Motions (at least seven days before the meeting) and to attend and vote on Motions, the election of Committee Members and other matters.
Minutes and Reports from recent AGMs are below.